Re: pcmcia modem ... IS A WINMODEM!!!

	I'm about to definitely give up with the Hamlet PCMCIA
	modem. cardctl gives poor information (no manfid ...)

Socket 0:
  product info: "LT WIN MODEM", "PC card", "", ""
  function: 2 (serial)
Socket 1:
  no product info available

	that makes me think of a Lucent chip while the technical
	info in the manual says:
Built-in DTE interface:
	DTE speed up to 115,200 bps
	16C550 UART interface

	WinModem or UART chip? I'm getting more and more
	confused. However, I tried with ltmodem-cs support from
	http://www.heby.de/ltmodem but some errors occur.
	Starting up pcmci-cs tries to load serial_cs and gives:

register_serial(): autoconfig failed
serial_cs: register_serial() at 0x02f8, irq 3 failed

	Manually trying to load ltmodem says: "successful" but
	... no way of finding ioports nor irqs related to the
	module. Manually loading ltserial and ltmodem-cs says:
unresolved symbols in ..../ltmodem.o

	really don't know what to do.

	Waiting for someone to give me some good hint or,
	alternatively for the reseller to provide me with another
	(easily supported) PCMCIA modem.

	Meanwhile, I'm trying to see, as some of you suggested,
	if the internal modem is a supported one.

	I found the following informations with ls pci -v:

00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 2486 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
	Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device 0001
	Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 10
	I/O ports at 2400 [size=256]
	I/O ports at 2000 [size=128]

	Searching the pci id repository I found

Subsystems for device 8086:2486: 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Modem

	But it seems that support for such a kind of "modems" is
	still in pre alpha status (http://www.compuvative.com/ac97-modem/)
	and limited to 2.0.x or 2.2.x kernels.

	Did anybody manage to make an AC'97 modem working?