Re: Problems with 2.4.16-k6 and pcmcia

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 01:42:31PM +0100, Lars G. T. J?rgensen wrote:
> I've got a problem. The 2.2.19-pci detects my PCI-to-CardBus brige
> just fine. But the 2.4.16-k6.deb kernel package can't find any of my
> cards. The i82365.o wount load saying "PCIC probe: not found".
> The README file for the 2.4 kernels says I have to upgrade my cardmgr
> but the version I got with the testing debian is newer then the
> requirment.

Rather than using the 2.4 kernel PCMCIA drivers, try using the separate
PCMCIA bundle from <http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net>. I was never able
to get my PC cards working on my laptop with the 2.4.x kernel until I
downloaded and used the separate bundle. Just download them, recompile
your kernel with _no_ PCMCIA support built in. Then, once you've
installed the kernel and its modules (be sure to delete the
/lib/modules/2.4.?? directory as well) build and install the PCMCIA
package. You should be fine on your next reboot. It worked for me. =)

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@telocity.com>
The Infobahn Offramp <http://welcome.to/mcpierce>