Re: FireWire PCMCIA card ?

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 12:20:20PM -0500, hlawson@triad.rr.com wrote:
> I have a pcmcia scsi adapter which works fine with an external
> scsi drive. I use the external drive just for storage and
> experimentation.  I can't crack the code on booting from a pcmcia
> device :-(

That's because the BIOS doesn't allow you to boot from it. If you can
boot from a bootable disk, you should be able to hack up an initrd that
initialises the PCMCIA stuff just enough to be able to put the root fs
on the external drive.

Erik

--
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Faculty
of Information Technology and Systems, Delft University of Technology,