RE: Dell latitude C810

Thanks everyone for your help. My laptop is working fine now.

Alexis

Inside /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, edit out port 0x800-0x8ff. The include port
line should look like:
  include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff
use the packages pcmcia-cs and pcmcia-source

Have a look on: http://vergil.chemistry.gatech.edu/~park/dell.html

 > I can not completely shutdown the laptop with the 'halt'
 > command. I put
 > CONFIG_APM=y
 > CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y
 > in my kernel.
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

 > I try to test ACPI but it crash the laptop when I plug or
 > unplug the AC
 > power.
ACPI is not yet supported by dell.

 > When I am using the battery and if I do not touch the laptop
 > during 10
 > minutes, it crashes alone... I deactivated everything on the
 > bios power
 > management, and put the same options that for AC power.
Disable APIC in the kernel configuration.
CONFIG_X86_GOOD_APIC=y
# CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC is not set
# CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC is not set

 > Do you think is it a good idea to use ext3 on a laptop that
 > crashes a lot ?
It definitely is.