Re: Installing programs from a none-debian CD or from the Harddisk

Axel,

You have potato which consists of fairly old files as base and only
updated for security updates.

"tat -I" used to be for bz2 in upstream (used for potato).
"tar -j" is for bz2 in new upstream (used for woody and recent RH).

Besides, even if you try to compile from source, these fast moving
packages tend to depend on new files.  These behave better on woody
system.

Problem is woody may even comes with KDE2 softwares of even newer
versions.

If you have access to high bandwidth access, think about upgrading to
woody :)

:)