Re: Sound SiS7018 rev 2 with 2.2.19 Kernel

Sorry, but it doesn't work.

I just inserted into kernel the full pci support (both), and old style proc.
But also no effect on soundcard.

The curious thing is: the modprobe works fine and inserts the ac97???,
soundcore, and trident without complain.

The files in /dev are all there: snd, sndstat, dsp.
Even if you look at /proc/interrupts the audio at major 14 is there, also in
devices.

But even with this (and to confirm that the drivers are loaded with lsmod),
I get a no device message with a /dev/sndstat and I can't play any sound.

Does anyone, or you Mark, have any further suggestions? Does someone tell
me, which drivers als all to be loaded by modprobe, and probably his kernel
configuration?

THANKS

Frank