Re: Why Linux on a Laptop?

Dear all

> I'm wondering what everyone's motivation is for using Linux on a
> laptop instead of Cygwin + Windows. The way I see it, a laptop is
> basically a giant PDA. People usually use them for typing down

I use mine for running our LUG which includes e-mail and web page
production.  Also for writing features for various magazines and then
there's the general admin stuff for running various servers as well.

I might be able to do this with MS Windows but all those peculiar
licencing issues and the fact that I have to re-install every other
week mean unnacteptable down time and a legal argument which is
beyond the realms of our own solar system.

Much easier to use something that works  :))

Thanks

--
Richard

www.sheflug.co.uk