Re: APM unusable since 2.4.10

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 09:58:17PM +0000, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> I also react to the part where you say that the system was back up *most
> times* after suspend. This sound rather flaky. I have had no trouble with
> apm suspend or hibernation at all. Don't know if this flakyness is due
> to harware problems or what, maybe others can answer this.

My Dell i5000e is a *most times* 2.4.9 APM deal too.  Most of the time it
doesn't lock up suspending, and most of the time it doesn't lock up
resuming.  I've figured out that any sort of interrupts during key
phases of the suspend/resume cycle are bad news.  So it's basically sync,
suspend, cross fingers and don't breathe; resume, cross fingers and don't
breathe.

	-Michael Robinson