Re: Sony Vaio PCG-R505TL

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 06:22:39PM -0700, Tim Ryder wrote:
> I curently run redhat 7.1 and want to switch to debian
> but am having some big problems with it.
>
> First:  the eepro100 net card driver doesnt work
> Second:  Pcmcia support doesnt work either
>
> I tried potato and testing.
>
> has anyone had and success with any of the vaio
> series.

i've got woody up on a z505r. i installed potato off of a dos
partition, then once the net connection worked, i did a agt-get
dist-upgrade. so far no problems. the eepro100 worked under potato and
is fine for me under woody. i don't have any pcmcia cards to play with so
i haven't checked pcmcia support.

the potato kernel was the stock one, i did a new kernel back in august
(2.4.8) under woody, fwiw.

the only problems i've run into happen when i plug the port replicator
in _after_ booting. machine locked up twice after doing that. if the
replicator is in prior to a boot, everything is fine.

if you can post some log messages (dmesg) that might help getting some
more specific suggestions.

--
Sergio J. Rey	http://typhoon.sdsu.edu/rey.html
GPG fingerprint =  16DB 4934 E0F1 B386 AE81  D379 914C 33E5 F690 95DF