Re: installation with no floppy or CD?

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> It can be done.  But you do really feel that masochistic.  Just borrow a
> cdrom/floppy.

Not at all masochistic - provided you have a way to boot into DOS.  I've
just done this (many times :-( ) because I don't have an up-to-date CD
(though my laptop came with WinME, so I needed a floppy to get to DOS).

>From DOS, you follow the install instructions for installing from a
harddisk, copy the necessary files from the net (under Windows) to your
DOS partition, then boot into DOS and get to the correct DOS directory,
run INSTALL.BAT, and you're away
--
Derek Broughton
CCISM Virtual Helpdesk