Re: X-Fonts

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Andrew McMillan wrote:

> I think I saw somewhere that this problem is to do with the internal font
> server in X 4.1.0 which is seeing the wrong default encoding - the fix is
> to use xfs to serve the fonts.

Under what circumstances does this occur? I have Xfree 4.1.0 at both work
(on an evil el-cheapo i810 mb) and at home on an A20p and a desktop box w. a
radeon in it, and they all work fine - I used to get the little square boxes
at work, but only in gnumeric, nowhere else, and then only when the font
size was < 10 and the font was set to helvetica - which leads me to suspect
that it's gnome related. I don't use font servers on any of the machines in
question. [The gnumeric problem went away after a recent upgrade].

--
When someone says "I want a programming language in which I need only
say what I wish done," give him a lollipop.