Re: PCMCIA Ethernet failure under 2.4.9

> kernel pcmcia support is somewhat still experimental-- in the pcmcia-howto.

Hmmm... Such is life, I guess.

> however, I had trouble compiling the pcmcia-cs packages.

I didn't compile anything, I used only the packages and
modules that came with the kernel image.

> Try installing the pcmcia-cs packages first, then the kernel, and then see how we go.

I think what worked was finally having every last piece of
the puzzle, the pcmcia-cs package was just the last straw.

Also, *NOT* using linuxconf or netconfig.

> Did you install pcmcia support as modules?

Yes, I selected the kernel modules for pcmcia. But I had to
search the archives for mention of the fact that the names
had changed since 2.2.18. The problem being that the old
modules are *still there*. They just don't work.

> glen

Curt-