Galeon + xterm wierdness

Hi,

I'm experiencing some weird interaction between Galeon and xterm on my
laptop and I wanted to ask if anyone else could reproduce the effect.

If I start Galeon while there are no xterms open and then open an xterm,
the window just comes up with the background only (i.e. no shell prompt).
If I open an xterm first (shell prompt ok) then Galeon, then I can open
up more xterms and they all start fine.

So, here's how to (attempt to) reproduce:

1. From a console: startx
   - my .xsession simply contains "exec /usr/bin/blackbox")
2. Using blackbox menus (right click) start galeon
3. Using blackbox menus again, start xterm...

Some system info:

Debian Sid, kernel-2.4.9-ac17
  xterm   4.1.0-6
  galeon  0.12.1-1

If there's any other info that might help, let me know and I'll gladly
provide it. I just don't really know where to look to solve this one.

Thanks,
Kevin Shanahan.