RE: KDE - "initializing peripherals..."

Actually, when I brought back X4, I found it was a problem with the
xserver-xfree86 configuration.  When I specified the correct, neomagic
chipset, KDE started working just fine.

Thanks to all for your help.  I think I'm good to go.

Marc J. Miller
Open Source Relations Engineer
marc.miller@amd.com
1-800-538-8450 x43325