Re: How to mail (userfriendly)?

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 02:24:32PM -0500, Clayton Carter wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 12:31:09PM -0400, Ignasi Palou-Rivera wrote:
> > [snip]
> > * mutt as mailer (Mail User Agent)
> > * fetchmail, to get mail from mail server(s)
> > [snip]
>
> 	If the ISP supports POP email, mutt can be used without
> fetchmail.  The relevant configuration variables (for your muttrc)
> are:

I know, but what are the advantages of such an arrangement? I like
better the traditional Unix philosophy of using a tool for each job,
that does that job well and that talks to other tools.

BTW, you can also use both mutt and fetchmail to get mail using other
protocols than POP. I've used both of them for IMAP, even IMAP with
SSL or Kerberos authentication and they work just fine.

--
Ignasi.