Re: How to mail (userfriendly)?

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 12:31:09PM -0400, Ignasi Palou-Rivera wrote:

> That's not too clear. smtpd is not any specific program, but several
> can be used to provide the service.

The program I use is called ssmtp or sometimes sSMTP.  Its available
as a deb package.  It's far less powerful than exim, but easier to
configure.  By the way, I found that exim did not work without some
additional configuration beyond that provided by the installation
script.  It's do-able, even for boneheads like me, but requires some
quality time spent going through the docs, and a journeyman-level
understanding of email terminology.