Re: pcmcia-source version 3.1.28-2 gave error on wireless drivers

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, A. Demarteau (linux rules!) wrote:

[cut]
> wvlan_hcf.c:781: macro `min' used with only 2 args
> wvlan_hcf.c:1702: macro `max' used with only 2 args
[cut]
> I hope someone can helpout here.

Yeah - looks like you've bumped into the much hated 3 arg min/max macros
that were introdcued in 2.4.<something> - iirc they've been or are about to
be phased back out again in 2.4.10 for a somewhat cleverer 2 arg construct
which achieves the same thing without invoking howls of indignation from
half the people involved :)

At least, I assume that's what those 2 messages are about, because apart
from the brief run recently in the linux kernel, I've never seen a min or
max macro with any number of args other than 2.... Don't know what the rest
of the stuff was about, though...

--
Just one nuclear family can ruin your whole life.