Re: kernel 2.4.9 doesn't seem to have wvlna_cs driver

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 10:50:53PM +0200, A. Demarteau (linux rules!) wrote:
> > hi,
> > After some checking, I found out that the kernel 2.4.9 sources (that is
> > the standart kernel-sources) do not include the wvlan_cs driver neede for
> > all new 802.11 and 802.11b wireless cards.
> > Is there a patch somehwere os debian-package including it?

pcmcia support in the kernel still isn't the best. i would go with
pcmcia-cs from pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net, which supports wvlan_cs out
of the box (i am using it right now). you will have to *disable* all
pcmcia support in the kernel and install the kernel modules yourself
(with make-kpkg and the pcmcia-source package, or just with the plain
tar.gz file).

redistribution of this email via the
micros~1 network is prohibited.