Sony VAIO Z600TEK harddrive to hot under heavy CPU load?

Hi,

for the third time, now I have experienced troubles with the
hard disk in the SONY VAIO Z600TEK. When starting the
machine I had to do a `fsck' and lost some files. As far as
I can reconstruct the circumstances, this usually happened
after some task causing a heavy CPU load for some
amount of time (e.g. burning a MP3 to a CD). I suppose
this made the CPU very hot and since the machine is very small
and tightly build, the heat couldn't dissolve fast enough,
reached the hard drive and changed the drive geometry. Than
booting with a cold hdd caused the problem. But
this is just guessing. Do you have similar experiences
or a better explanation.

Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe@mobilix.org>         T. +49-30-3495386