Re: Other mouse buttons on the Tecra 8100(I'm in same trouble on Dynabook Satellite 4260)

> / Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com> was heard to say:
> | *shrug*  In my experience, there's a distinct difference between
> | "imps/2" and "IMPS/2" (ie. one works and the other doesn't), but it's
> | not mentioned here:
>
> I can only shrug as well. Neither imps/2 nor IMPS/2 work (and both exhibit
> the same behavior). Oh, well, maybe it'll work when I move on to XFree 4.x.
> Thanks for your help.

Well, if you can't get a mouse to work "directly" then you can try using
gpm with it, instead of "next to it" like I usually do.

Set up gpm so it works at console.  Have it repeat, as some type of mouse
which X will be happy with.  (It likes to default to "ms3", try that.)
When you're setting up X, tell it the mouse port is /dev/gpmdata.

This will cause X to not work when gpm isn't loaded, but maybe better when
it is.

.... the way I use it instead, just for illustration ....
gpm is loaded, does NOT repeat at all.  (Typed "none" during that question)
X is configured to point at /dev/psaux. (the raw port)
gpm stays asleep when the X window is active, or at least, doesn't do
anything with the mouse events that it might see.

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...