Re: Thinkpad 365X - can anyone recommend least memory hungry windows and browser

On  6/09/2001, 21:39:53, Barry Pretsell wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm running Debian potato on an IBM Thinkpad 365X 24MB RAM, which has a Cyber Trident 9320 display card (has 1Mb on board).
> I have tried fvwm, fvwm2, icewm, and wdm. I have tried mozilla as a browser and it takes 3-4 minutes to display anything. Of course I could use lynx, but I really would like to get some graphic browser working.
>
> can anyone recommend a windows manager/browser which may run faster than the dog I'm running now.

I think fvwm2 should be OK for a windows manager. Did you try simply netscape
4.7x as a browser? Mozilla is slow... If you care about Unicode support
I heard that konqueror has support (is the browser from kde), and you don't
need to run kde windows manager to use konqueror!

Ionel