Re: Wireless Networking

Thus spake Tupshin Harper (tupshin@tupshin.com):

> I'm actually struggling with this exact card(the DWL-500 including
> PCI->PCMCIA bridge), and I can load the card and a wlan0 interface shows up.
> I can ifconfig it and give it an address but iwconfig (and it's iw siblings)
> claim that the interface doesn't support wireless extensions.  Any
> suggestions?
>
> -Tupshin

This is because your kernel doesn't support the wireless extensions. I don't
think the stock debian kernel does and I don't think there is a way to enable
it without just grabbing the source and compiling your own kernel. The config
options is CONFIG_NET_RADIO, or in the menu, Network Devices->Wireless
LAN->Wireless LAN