Re: dpkg issues

Peter Solodov, 2001-Jul-22 20:08 -0400:
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Jeff Coppock wrote:
> > Mark Janssen, 2001-Jul-23 12:46 +0200:

> >> Maybe you (sean) have (more) swapspace, and Jeff does not... then
> >> it could still be lack of enough memory.
> >>
> >> Jeff, do you have any swapspace configured, how much is used ??
>
> I had the same issue and it was only due to the unconfigured swap. I
> didn't set it correctly during the initial setup. As soon as I turned
> on swap, things went back to normal. As a side note, this was on the
> machine with 16 Mb of RAM and 2.2.something kernel (about a year ago).
>
> Peter.
>

> --

   Everthing works fine when I boot to the 2.2.19 kernel.  So I
   believe my swap is configured properly.  I'm compiling yet
   another 2.4.6 kernel now.

   I don't know why I expect a self-compiled kernel to work the
   first try.  It never has.  It always takes me 6-8 tries to get
   it right.  I'm only on 5 now, so I expect to do this a few
   more times.  8-)

   jc

--

Jeff Coppock		Nortel Networks