Re: PCMCIA / NIC /Cable on Inspiron 8000

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, noah wrote:

> The system no longer hangs, I get a beep when the PCMCIA lines go by
> during boot, and the "10/100" light on the dongle (the ethernet to
> PCMCIA adapter thingy) lights up. "dmesg" reveals:

Hmmm... Is that an high pitch beep? PCMCIA-HOWTO says that you should get
2 high pitch beeps: one for card recognition and a second one for card
configuration. Section 3.9 in the HOWTO describe the "only 1 high beep"
situation: does that apply to you?

	matteo

Matteo Semplice
Wadham College