Re: pcsnd driver and Pentium

An update: I tried pretty much all Debian packages that play RAW or WAV
files and sinthetizers. The only good result is with "saytime", that says
the current time throug /dev/audio (minor 4).

Now, when I load the pcsnd module I get a message in kern.log saying

Jul 21 16:20:23 d6r2 kernel: PCSP on device 3
Jul 21 16:20:23 d6r2 kernel: PCSP mixer on device 0

so I guess that pcsnd is listening on /dev/dsp (minor 3) and not
/dev/audio... What's going on? I tried "ls -l" in the /dev directory to
make sure that one of them is not a link and it gives:

crw-rw----    1 root     audio     14,   3 Dec  9  1999 /dev/dsp
crw-rw----    1 root     audio     14,   4 Dec  9  1999 /dev/audio

(I didn't create the devices myself, but I assume that they were created
when I installed slink or upgraded to potato...)

Why does saytime work and the others don't? Anyone got any clue?

Thanks.

	matteo