Re: Installing problems on a Inspiron 8000

On Tuesday 26 June 2001 00:47, Jörgen Andersson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tried installing debian from a cd. After gone through the installing
> process pc hangs when I reboot it. It says something like "Loading
> superinternet  : inetd"
>
> I'm kind of a newbie on this so I would be greatful for any help.
>
> regards
> /Jörgen

the problem is most likely pcmcia.  its initialization probes a port
that hangs the machine.  i solved the issue by replacing
	include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x800-0x8ff, port 0xc00-0xcff
with
	include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff
in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts and thereby effectively preventing port
0x800-0x8ff from being probed.

i hope this helps.

regards,

uLI