Re: Installing problems on a Inspiron 8000

Jörgen,
    as a first quick "hack" try to move the /etc/rc2.d/S20inetd entry to a
backup place. For example:

cd /etc/rc2.d
mkdir backup
mv S20inetd backup

This should do no harm unless someone wants to connect to your laptop from
outside. I thought about what could cause the inetd to hang at startup, all
could think of  is that either your config files ( /etc/hosts ,
/etc/inetd.conf) are faulty (very unprobable ) or that your networking
hardware is not
configured right.

What networking device do you  use?

matthias

http://www.gmx.net

--
GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a