Dropped interrupts with Genius PCMCIA ethernet card

Hello all...

I recently purchased a Genius MF3000 SE PCMCIA Ethernet card for my
laptop. Cardmgr detects and installs it properly (with the right sort
of beeps), but when I try to ping another machine, I get an error
message about interrupts being dropped, and the system freezes.

I've tried excluding all offending interrupts, and ended up with
nothing left!

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm running Woody on a Compaq armada
7770DMT.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Tiarnan