Re: Dropped interrupts with Genius PCMCIA ethernet card

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 11:11:05PM +0100, ocorrain@esatclear.ie wrote:
> Hello all...
>
> I recently purchased a Genius MF3000 SE PCMCIA Ethernet card for my
> laptop. Cardmgr detects and installs it properly (with the right sort
> of beeps), but when I try to ping another machine, I get an error
> message about interrupts being dropped, and the system freezes.
>
> I've tried excluding all offending interrupts, and ended up with
> nothing left!
>
> Does anyone have any ideas? I'm running Woody on a Compaq armada
> 7770DMT.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tiarnan

hm,

I have a GENUIS MF3000 too maybe not a SE. And it is runnig welll since
pcmcia-cs 3.1.11. Please look with lspci if there are interrupts sharings
btw your pcmcia-controller and other system components. If yes you can
excude some irq's and memory areas in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts maybee it
will help.

--

Henning Heinold