Re: moving to a new laptop

   The folks in my IS dept. at work use a program called Ghost (I
   think its from Norton) to copy an entire partition, like an
   image, from one HDD to another.  They use it for HDD upgrades
   all the time.  I even moves the Partition table.  So uprading
   from a 6GB HDD to a 12GB HDD, you'd end up with a 6GB
   partition on the new drive.  Then you can go in and add more
   partitions with the extra space or expand the one partition,
   or whatever.

   I don't know what other products like this that are avaiable,
   or what cost might be associated with it, but maybe there's
   something like it in Debian or for Linux in general.

Thusly Thwacked By Peter Cordes: