Re: laptop, anacron and lan :

Once upon a time, I heard Jerome BENOIT say

> Hi all !
>
> I have a very naive question:
> is there a very simple way to run job periodically
> BUT only when the LAN connection is enabled ?

Here is my way. Since I am having only one lan connection, I still use a
network start up script in pcmcia package (/etc/pcmcia/network.opts). In
that file you can put a start up function there e.g. put
/etc/init.d/anacron start when network is up and vice versa.

OTH, you may use pcmcia with the ifupdown package. For this case, you can
use "up /etc/init.d/anacron start" in /etc/network/interfaces.

check ifupdown and pcmcia pacakages for more info.

Cheers,,

Chanop

PS. my laptop is running sid/woody.
--