Re: T22 modem setup / configuration with 2.2r3 installation help needed

    Randolph> I am installing Debian 2.2r3 on an IBM T22 portable.

I'm running Debian unstable with a custom 2.4.5 kernel (with devfs)...

    Randolph> Things are working very well (including support for the
    Randolph> 1400*1050 screen) on my LAN.

Do you have either the ThinkPad button or dual CRT/LCD display
working?

    Randolph> Now I need to configure the modem and get dial-up ISP
    Randolph> support working. I have never done this on any Linux
    Randolph> installation and I believe I do not even have the modem
    Randolph> working on the T22.

    Randolph> [...]

    Randolph> So - question number one is --> how do I know if the
    Randolph> modem is working on the T22 and if it is not, does
    Randolph> anyone have any tips on how to get it working?

I got mine working yesterday using the ltmodem driver at:

  http://www.heby.de/ltmodem/

When I do lspci, it says my modem is:

  00:03.1 Serial controller: Lucent Microelectronics: Unknown device 045c (rev 01)

It works well and the documentation is pretty reasonable...  I've
submitted some suggestions for making the Debian package abit
cleaner...

peace & happiness,
martin