Re: xircom combo card + kernel 2.4.5

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:23:30 BST, Jose Celestino writes:
>By the way, just curiosity, how do you explain this "promiscuous good
>behaviour"?

I´d be happy if I could. I´d also be happy if this behaviour was
somewhat consistent, we all have the very same laptops here in the
office (Dell Latitude C600) and the same Xircom´s (RBEM56G-100), but
some of them require being in promiscous mode all of the time, some
only staying in promiscous mode for about 1 second...It was also the
same with my former laptop (some Compaq, same Xircom, IIRC).

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner |  <r.waldner@xsoft.at>  \
\     Xsoft GmbH      | T: +43 1 796 36 36 692 /