From: Chris Ivanovich [mailto:creature@blacklagoon.org]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 11:26 AM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: What's your favorite inexpensive Linux laptop?

>  >>>>> "Chris" == Chris Ivanovich <creature@blacklagoon.org> writes:
>
>Chris> Greetings fellow Debianers...  I was hoping I could get some
>Chris> personal opinions here.  I currently have Debian running on a
>Chris> server in my house, and a Macintosh notebook.  I'm now looking to
>Chris> fire up a PC notebook with it, as well.
>
>Chris> I'm looking for recommendations as to what brand and model I
>Chris> should look for (or stay away from).  I don't want to spend more
>Chris> than $800 for the beast, so getting something that is new is
>Chris> _not_ important. I would prefer something with an active matrix
>Chris> screen, built in modem and ethernet, and CD drive.  And the
>Chris> smaller and lighter the better - but certainly not the most
>Chris> important consideration.

I've been getting several interesting replies.  Thanks!

Maybe I phrased this inaccurately, though.  I think that I'm looking
for something along the lines of an older, _used_ notebook.
Something with great Linux support, where the various pieces (sound,
networking, modem, etc.) all work.

Since this computer will be at least a year old (from my guess), I'll
be able to get it for my <$800 price point...

Thanks again,

Chris
--
	The plan was simple.  Unfortunately, so was Bullwinkle.