Re: What's your favorite inexpensive Linux laptop?

Chris> Greetings fellow Debianers...  I was hoping I could get some
Chris> personal opinions here.  I currently have Debian running on a
Chris> server in my house, and a Macintosh notebook.  I'm now looking to
Chris> fire up a PC notebook with it, as well.

Chris> I'm looking for recommendations as to what brand and model I
Chris> should look for (or stay away from).  I don't want to spend more
Chris> than $800 for the beast, so getting something that is new is
Chris> _not_ important. I would prefer something with an active matrix
Chris> screen, built in modem and ethernet, and CD drive.  And the
Chris> smaller and lighter the better - but certainly not the most
Chris> important consideration.

I've been getting several interesting replies.  Thanks!

Maybe I phrased this inaccurately, though. I think that I'm looking for something along the lines of an older, _used_ notebook. Something with great Linux support, where the various pieces (sound, networking, modem, etc.) all work.

Since this computer will be at least a year old (from my guess), I'll be able to get it for my <$800 price point...

Thanks again,

Chris
--
	The plan was simple.  Unfortunately, so was Bullwinkle.