Re: X configuration for Inspiron 4000

Just to be sure, do you have the "PS/2" protocol entry in your XF86Config
and your kernel has ps2 support enabled?

I had also problems after using my wheel mouse with "IMPS/2" protocol. If I
didn't switch back to "PS/2" the mouse pointer did cracy things on the
screen.

An other idea might be that it conflicts with the gpm mouse service.
Running gpmconfig and setting repeat_type option to "none" did it for me.

matthias