Re: Laptop suggestions

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 11:07:53AM +0100, Bruce Stephens wrote:
> I'm currently using an Inspiron 7500 at 1400x1050.  It's a lovely
> display.  Before XFree86 4.*, there were minor problems (some junk at
> the very bottom of the screen), but it works fine with 4.0.3 (which is
> what's in unstable now).  (Presuming the 4000 comes with the same
> graphics card (ATI 3D Rage Mobility---a Mach64), then I can send you
> an XFree86-4 if you want.)

Yeah, I guess it's the same card. Please do send me your XF86Config.
By the way, 4.0.3 is in testing/woody aswell.

> The winmodem in the machines (which is the common Lucent one in our
> machines) is alleged to work with the partly-binary driver available,
> but I've never tried it.  It's not trivial to get working.

I have seen debs for the modem. Maybe you should check out this URL:
http://www.heby.de/ltmodem

Regards,
Alex
--
Alex Suzuki | asuzuki@NOSPAMbluewin.ch | http://www.cynox.ch
To send me an email, remove NOSPAM from the above address