Re: Laptop suggestions

Alex Suzuki <asuzuki@bluewin.ch> writes:

[...]

> aahhh... I'm soooo glad to hear that. My Inspiron 4000 with the 1400x1050
> screen, 256M RAM, 20GB Harddrive and the PIII-700 is currently in
> production... I can't wait to get my hands on it.
> Did you manage to get the 1400x1050 screen working? What about the
> NIC/Modem? I would be very interested in your configs.

I'm currently using an Inspiron 7500 at 1400x1050.  It's a lovely
display.  Before XFree86 4.*, there were minor problems (some junk at
the very bottom of the screen), but it works fine with 4.0.3 (which is
what's in unstable now).  (Presuming the 4000 comes with the same
graphics card (ATI 3D Rage Mobility---a Mach64), then I can send you
an XFree86-4 if you want.)

The winmodem in the machines (which is the common Lucent one in our
machines) is alleged to work with the partly-binary driver available,
but I've never tried it.  It's not trivial to get working.

[...]

--
Bruce Stephens			Bruce.Stephens@MessagingDirect.com
ACI Worldwide/MessagingDirect	<URL:http://www.MessagingDirect.com/>