Woody /w PCMCIA-cs and Kernel 2.4.x

Hello everybody,

I plan to buy a new Acer Notebook (Travelmate 525 TEV) with a
700 Mhz PIII and 256M Ram.
I am currently running debian woody on my desktop pc and I love
it, so I will also install Debian on the laptop. I am a bit
confused about the pcmcia-cs package, could someone explain
this to me? I think generic PCMCIA support has to be turned on
in the kernel, but pcmcia-cs suggests pcmcia-modules-* packages,
which are for specific 2.2.1x kernels. I want to use a 2.4 kernel,
do I have to compile pcmcia-cs myself?
Does anybody have recommendations on what kernel to choose for
a laptop?

Regards,
Alex Suzuki
--
Alex Suzuki | asuzuki@NOSPAMbluewin.ch | http://www.cynox.ch
To send me an email, remove NOSPAM from the above address