my dell runs

Hi all!

First: IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS????????

The simple solution was: I had no window manager installed 8-()
Further I had to disable gpm mouse service otherwise I couldn't use
the mouse under X.

I compiled a new 2.4.4 kernel with PCMCIA token ring suport and it
hang at init time. I unpluged the card rebooted and after login
I pluged in the card -> it works now.

Maybe I can give more experiences to this list, if I find out more.

gr. matthias

http://www.gmx.net