Inspiron 3500 networking woes....

I wonder if anybody out there can help. I own a Dell Inspiron 3500 running
Debian 2.2r3 with a 2.4 kernel. I use a PCMCIA multifunctional card "Psion
DACOM Gold Card NetGlobal 56k + 10/100mb Cardbus" for modem and Ethernet
network. I have struggled over the past 2 years to get a stable network
connection on my home network. Under 2.4.2 everything is rock solid but
2.4.3 and 2.4.4 are broken. The common error I get is "transmit timeout".

Secondly I have noticed that my BIOS version under I35-A11 everything works
but under I35-A14 the networking fails (something relating to DMA)

Anybody got a dell inspiron 3500 with working network, any suggestions ?

Derm