Re: apmd_proxy and ac power WAS: suspend/Thinkpad A20p/Woody/apmd_proxy

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Lee Bradshaw wrote:

> I got the impression that the exit 1 would prevent the suspend from
> happening if the kernel had the correct apm support. That's the only
> reason I can see for not calling the scripts to suspend linux
> properly.
>
> I'm not sure if this is my bad interpretation or someone else's. If
> there's a specific kernel feature needed to cause the suspend to not
> happen it should be documented in the script - or better yet, tested for
> in the script.

I agree with your interpretation - it fits the script as written, but
unfortunately the system behaviour contradicts it. I'm going to experiment
some more, maybe wade through the apmd source, to see if it checks the
return status of the script, see what I can come up with. Ideally,
Fn-F4 should come through as a user suspend, but that's a separate issue.

--
I must be sad when I have cause, and smile at no  man's jests;
eat when I have stomach, and wait for no man's leisure;