RE: Autoneg issues

Hello, I was reading some past exchanges regarding eth0
autonegotioation, and linux on laptops, and was wondering if this ever
came up.

I have an HP Omnibook 3100, with dual booting OS (Windoze on one side
[for the wife] and SuSE 7.1 on the other [for me])

Now, whne I take this book to work, and hook up on the network, my
autoneg fails, and it assumes the 10 MBS. here's the log:

eth0: Intel: port 0x300, irq 3, hwaddr 00:A0:C9:37:0B:FB
eth0: autonegotiation failed; using 10mbs
eth0: MII detected; using 10mbs
eth0: media 10BaseT, silicon revision
4

Now, if I boot the same machine, running windoze, it will hook up at 100
MBS, no problem. Nothing changes, (hardware, cable, switch setting,
etc.) only the OS.

Is there a way to set the interface hard, once linux has begun? (Kinda
like the ndd command for sun?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Slate,
cbrack