Re: hardware profiles?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 08:58:35PM +0200, Vincent Laisney wrote:
> For the different Hardware on different place, there is a solution with the
> Scheme's of pcmcia-cs. It's easy with Lilo to boot with "home" or "work". And
> you put into /etc/pcmcia/networks.opt the options for the different places.
> I didn't try, but I will need it and I've read the scripts and the doc in man
> pcmcia and it seems to be OK.

Yep. Schemes work perfectly well. Unfortunately, the ethernet card in my
dockings station is on the PCI bus. It's not a PCMCIA card :-(

If I close the lid (which suspends the machine) and slot it into the docking
station, it wakes up correctly, and immediately decides to hang...

The docking station also allows me to use my normal 19" monitor, normal-size
mouse and keyboard. I can use then without the docking station too, but that
requires re-plugging cables.

Call me demanding, but... I'd like to change resoltion automagically too when
I dock it. I'm running a patched version of XFree86 v3.3.5 (standard X server
doesn't like this graphics card).

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com