RE: hardware profiles?

On the site http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/projects/omnibook, there's
a clever little Debian package called laptop-net.  It let's you set
up schemes for your LAN config so that switching back and forth (say,
between home and work use) is really straightforward.  Follow the
links for the HP OmniBook 6000 and then look for the info on how
to get the debian packages.  It doesn't solve all docking and
undocking problems but it's a real good start....

--
Ciao,
al