Re: hardware profiles?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 11:23:51AM +0100, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:

> Unfortunately this only works if i REBOOT (shock, horror) when docking.
>
> Does anybody out there have any ideas of how I can maintain my up-time and
> *still* dock/undock to my hearts content?

That depends...does docking produce a system event of some kind that could
be scripted to change over from one set of networking params to another?  If
so, I would think it would be possible to have the event trigger a script
which:

o brings down your pcmcia network (if necessary)
o loads the proper module for your dock's ethernet
o brings up the dock's ethernet connection

(yes, I know that's probably oversimplifying things - I don't have a docking
station for my vaio yet, so I'm sortof flying blind here - hopefully this
suggestion might get things moving in the right direction)

-b3