Re: dselect Trouble

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 08:08:41PM +0200, Andreas Tscharner wrote:
> Hello World,
>
> I have installed Debian 2.2rc0 on my new computer, and wanted to make an
> upgrade. I use apt through dselect. In my sources.list (in /etc/apt/) I
> inserted the german official mirror, made an update and entered "Install".
> After having downloaded all packages, it makes a package scan, I there I
> run into the following error message:
>
> 88% [Scanning packages]Template parse error near "" at
> /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 102, <TEMPLATES> chunk 2.
> E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned with an error
> code (29)
> ..
> ..
>
> How can I fix this error? Any ideas?

 Are you upgrading to unstable or testing?  I remember seeing something like
this in testing a few weeks ago.  Once you get all the packages installed,
it should go away...

 You could turn of preconfig by commenting the line in /etc/apt/apt.conf.
(It's not needed, it just lets you run the config scripts all at once,
instead of sitting around while it gets around to asking you stuff every now
and then...)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y