Re: apmd on Dell Inspiron 7500

Hello,

I tried these configurations:

CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_DISABLE_BY_DEFAULT is not set
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
# CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is not set
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y
# CONFIG_TOSHIBA is not set

But to no avail...  I ctrl-alt-F1 out of X (because I've heard it can be a
problem) and close my lid... everything shuts down after a few seconds, I
open the lid and the machine is frozen solid (no caps-lock key etc)... I
have to press the power button to reboot :-(
I've tried ejecting my PCMCIA cards and all, but same thing.

Perhaps you could give me your kernel .config and BIOS settings, Steve?

Iain