Re: How to paste with two buttons?

On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 04:48:23PM -0400, xsdg wrote:
> > > press SHIFT+INS
> >
> > Where do you learn all this magic?  Is there some doc that teaches
> > about these keyboard combos, in X or console?
> IRC hearsay :o)  There probably is a doc that contains this and other
> magical key combos, but I have no idea what it is/how to access it.

 the xterm(1) manpage documents the key/event bindings, including the cool
stuff like control-rightclick = font select menu.

 The one line about the SHIFT+INS behaviour is:
Shift <KeyPress> Insert:insert-selection(PRIMARY, CUT_BUFFER0) \n\
 so it's not surprising you heard about this from xterm hackers instead of
seeing it yourself.  Unless I knew what that line was supposed to do, I
don't think I'd be able to figure it out without trying it or reading a
whole bunch more docs, but reading the bindings list can give you an idea of
what kind of stuff xterm has.

 use xkeycaps to find out what modifiers/keysyms your keys set/send.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y