Re: HP Pavillion n5270

On Apr 04, 2001, Peter Cordes <peter@llama.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

>  apt-get install aumix
>  If aumix doesn't do it, then you're probably out of luck.  However, you
> could try alsa, in case it has better support.  http://alsa-project.org/

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

> > Another issue I have with the maestro3 driver is that depmod -a keeps
> > complaining about unresolved symbols.  I suppose I may have compiled
> > it against the wrong kernel source tree or something.  However, since
> > it loads and runs, I haven't been motivated enough to dig any deeper.
>
>  The unresolved symbols must be in a module you haven't tried to load yet.
> When you try, insmod will refuse to load it.

The maestro3 module does successfully load, though.  Does that make sense?

  <root@exodus ~># lsmod | grep maestro
  maestro3               25232   1
  ac97_codec              7152   0  [maestro3]
  soundcore               2384   2  [maestro3]
  <root@exodus ~># depmod -a
  depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.18/misc/maestro3.o

John

--
dusk@ravendusk.org                            http://www.gnome.org
jsheets@codeweavers.com                  http://www.worldforge.org